Burda 02/2013 101 Shirt

After I have cleaned out my closet rigorously in the spring, I really needed a few new blouses. I started with a simple shirt blouse.


The fabric is an incredibly soft cotton batiste that I’ve had in my closet for years. Unfortunately, I no longer know exactly where I got it, but it could have been Florence Naturstoffe. The buttons are simple shirt buttons, also from my stash.


I cut the blouse in size 36 and sewed it without alterations. Since the blouse is loose-fitting, this was no problem. The breast pockets I have supplemented (stolen from another Burda pattern), and actually, I wanted to add shoulder tabs, too. But I decided against that because of the slightly dropped shoulders. The collar is a little narrower than intended.


All seams are flat-felled seams, the yoke is sewn with the “burrito method”, so it looks nice also from the inside. Inner collar stay and cuff are sewn on by hand. The sleeve slit is a simple shirt slit, which was finished with a strip of fabric.


The blouse is nothing special, but a real basic piece that I have already worn many times

Leave a Reply