This is the last Itch to Stitch pattern I tested, the Irena Knit Top. It is meant to be worn with a shirt or cami.
I used a heavy weight knit from my stash. It is thicker than I thought and keeps quite warm.
I cut a size 2 tapering to 4 at the hips. First, I added 2 cm to the shoulder seams as this is an Alteration I had to make for the idyllwild Top and the Davina Dress, but in the end I did not need this and changed back to the original pattern. I did cut the collar in the wrong direction by mistake, but this seemed not to have any impact.
The construction is straightforward. The only difficult step is to get the bottom of the V-collar even and without puckering. You need a bit of patience and you should definitively first baste everything in place and check before sewing it permanently. I serged all seams and also finished the seam allowances of the collar with the serger. I think this is maybe not the best thing to do, as this resulted in a very bulky and stiff seam. You can see that in the picture above. At the bottom of the V-collar you have five layers of fabric. Maybe it would have been better to grade them and finish separately or just leave unfinished.
I like the high back collar as it keeps you warm. I think the fabric choice is really important for this style and a fabric with more drape would have been better.