Signe Summer Dress

After another exhausting week at work I wanted to sew something easy at the weekend. As much as I enjoy sewing the Marfy jacket, this is a long term project, and I needed something with instant gratification to treat myself with. I was looking for an easy summer dress to wear at home. First, I had a dress from an old Burda Magazine in mind. But a research at Pattern Review told me, that this would not be as easy as thought. Then I received the newsletter from Maria Denmark announcing her brand new pattern, the Signe Summer Dress. This dress was exactly what I needed: easy to sew, easy to wear.

2014-06-15-singe dress front

2014-06-15-singe dress back

It has only three pattern pieces and I sewed the dress completely with my serger. I own my serger for one year now, but it is still an alien for me and it frightens me. Everytime when I start sewing I have the feeling that I loose control and I just hope that the seam gets right…The fabric is a rayon knit with 3% elasthane that I found in my stash.

The bodice front is lined with self fabric. The pattern has three different lenghts: top, knee lenght and maxi. I chose the knee lenght. I cut a size S for the bust and waist and tapered to size M at the hips. Next time I coud even give a bit more room at the hips… The top of the back is finished with an elastic, so that it fits quite tight and stays where it should. I really love that you do not have to worry about gaping with this dress. It is really comfy and I am happy with my new summer dress.

So, no news regarding the Marfy jacket this week. We will see how it will be next week.

Schreibe einen Kommentar