Kennis released a new pattern, the Anza Jumpsuit and Dress. When I first saw it I immediatley fell in love with the bodice: the slightly curved V-neck and the breast pockets. So I coud not resist and applied for the testing.
The Anza comes as jumpsuit or dress and features an elastic waist, pockets, cuffed sleeves and different cup sizes. I made the dress. I love the jumpsuit look on others, but I am still a bit reluctant to try it for myself.
I used a black-grey cotton that I bought last year in a local fabric store. I had bought 5m of it with the purpose of making pants. But it was the only fabric in my stash that was lightweight enough and that had the required length.
I cut a size 2 A cup for the bodice, tapering to a size 4 for waist and skirt. I made no other changes. As this is a loose fitting style, this was to be expected.
The construction is straight forward. As there are no sleeves to set in, no collar and no lining, this is quite a quick sew. I kept it simple and finished the seam allowances with my serger. The most challenging part was sewing the cuffs to the sleeves at the underarm seam. This reminded me of sewing a placket to a slit in a shirt sleeve.
This Dress is quite an unusual silhouette for me. Usually I prefer a fitted bodice and a flared skirt. I am also not so in shirttail hems for dresses, but this is really a trend at the moment. And I think, this is the first woven dress I made that is not lined! But, of course, this dress is really comfy. So lets see how it will work its way into my wardrobe. At the moment, it is still just to cold to wear it.
Disclaimer: I got the pattern for free in exchange for testing it. All opinions are my own.
This post contains affilitate links.